CHOCOLATE SHAKE SMOOTHIE
- 1 C home-made nut milk (or use 1 C water & 1 C hemp seeds)
- 2 Tbsp Boku protein powder (optional)
- 1 C blueberries
- 1 small banana (frozen or fresh)
- 1 Tbsp nut butter (optional)
- 1 Tbsp raw cacao powder (or organic cocoa powder)
- 2 Medjool dates chopped (soak in hot water for a few minutes to soften)
- 3 Tbsp goji berries (optional)
- 1 tsp of Matcha powder (optional)
- 1 heaping tsp of green powder (optional but good to add!)
- Blend well and enjoy! This is great for a snack and good if you are craving something like a dessert. This is not something you want to drink a lot of.
*Raw Cacao powder is very high in magnesium and antioxidants.
I did put a lot of (optional) in the recipes but that is because I do not want to discourage you from trying these smoothies just because you don’t have some of the ingredients. You do not need to use the superfoods. The smoothies are GREAT without them also. This is a guideline in case you want to try some but are not sure how to use them.
If you are a person who does not eat breakfast and feels – this is too much for me. What I suggest to start is, of course the water, and maybe start with a bit of fruit in the morning. Or try a smoothie or juice.
I am not telling you to give up coffee or tea in the morning I am suggesting what to ADD to your morning. Remember, when you first wake up you are dehydrated. That is why getting that large glass of water in first thing is so important. Coffee and tea (if black) will dehydrate you even more. So if you are getting water and a juice and or smoothie then have your coffee or tea also.
If you cannot seem to have the smoothie soon after waking, put it in a mason jar or some container with a secure lid and take it with you! You will be so happy you did. I also used to take the fruit and chia gel with me. That will last for a few days in the fridge. Eat it when you get hungry whether that is 9:00 a.m. or 10:30 a.m.