To Make Chia Gel:
Add 1 Tbsp chia seeds to a bowl and then add 5 Tbsp water. Stir often until it gels. About 10-20 minutes.
To Put This Together:
- Add chopped grapefruit pieces and orange pieces (no skin) to a bowl.
- Bananas and apples are also great in this
- Add the chia gel and stir to mix.
- You do not need to add all the chia gel to the bowl. Add as much as you want and see if you like it first.
- Chia gel will store in the fridge for over 1 week.
Chia is a complete protein, it is high in antioxidants, potassium, boron, iron, essential fatty acids and fiber. It is energy enhancing and hydrating.
The below chocolate smoothie below is a rich, decadent treat that is so good for you! This is great for a snack in the afternoon before the gym or as lunch. If you want it for a snack in the evening, I would leave out the protein powder.